As a premier event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival (NCBF), event hosts 11th Street Bridge Park, National Park Service, and NCBF wanted to encourage DC residents and visitors to explore communities and parks east of the Anacostia River.
Engage residents from across the city in hands-on art workshops, musical performances, tours of Historic Anacostia, and other unique activities led by over 30 community partners in an afternoon celebrating the Anacostia River.
We turned an empty recreational soccer field on the edge of a river with no potable water or shade into a vibrant festival that started with just fewer than 6,000 guests in 2015 and increased to more than 8,500 in 2017.
2015 – 2017 Vendor Partners
- Audio and Staging: EventTech
- Bike Valet: Two Wheel Valet
- Comfort Stations: United Site Services
- Concessions: Guest Services, Inc.
- Decor: Social Supply Design & Decor
- Emergency Services: American Medical Response
- Entertainment: Washington Performing Arts
- Radios: Metro Talk, Inc.
- Tenting & Rentals: Capital Party Rentals
It was a picture-perfect day for the third annual Anacostia River Festival at Anacostia Park on Sunday. Families played outdoor games, bicyclists paraded and then explored the riverfront trails. Read More
Ready to take your event to the next level?